An employee’s experience is crucial to achieving a company’s success. Whether it be delivering exceptional performance or establishing a reputable brand image, all of this can only be accomplished through the committed contributions of an employee. Efficient management of employee leaves is vital in enhancing their overall work experience. Every company needs to maintain and manage the attendance of their employees to boost productivity and achieve growth in their business. And even though managing and tracking leave of absence for a few employees are easy, manually maintaining the leave for many employees can be daunting. Thus, a leave management system has become integral to an organizational system to solve this critical issue. With this software’s help, managing an employee’s leaves can become extremely easy and convenient.
In this article, we have reviewed India’s top 10 leave management systems and explained their unique key features to help you choose the right software that suits your unique company goals.
What is Employee Leave Management System?
An employee management system refers to the tools used to manage, track and update employees’ leave applications. It allows employers to streamline and automate the entire leave management process, enabling higher accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and increased employee transparency.
Why should you use a Leave Management System?
The manual method of maintaining a spreadsheet to mark the attendance of employees was a backbreaking process, which is getting replaced by the modern employee management system. And if you’re still maintaining those paper forms or spreadsheets for attendance, leaves, or payroll assessment,
An employee leave management system can manage all the leaves and attendance-related tasks within the scope of clicking a button and also offers a variety of benefits for an organization. Some of the prominent benefits are
- Increased accuracy and efficiency
- Elimination of manual intervention and paperwork
- Improved transparency by real-time availability of data
- Automated payroll processing
- Smoother communication
Ready to get started?
10 Best Leave Management Systems in India 
SalaryBox is our top choice in the list of the best leave management system in 2023. It is one of the most powerful employee management software available in the market that provides a one-stop solution for all issues related to attendance, payroll, and leave management.
SalaryBox has been trusted by many small and medium enterprises and startup companies for streamlining and automating the leave management process and integrating it with payroll software. Thus, promoting productivity and efficiency in the organization. It provides various features tailored to meet a company’s specific needs, making it stand out from the competition.
Some of the most highlighted features are:
- Simplifies the process of reviewing and approving employee leave requests.
- Allows managers to view requests and approve or disapprove them quickly
Company Holiday List
- Enables setting company-wide holidays and events.
- Offers customizable settings to accommodate specific needs
- Enables customization of leave policies to meet specific needs.
- Provides flexibility to accommodate the unique needs of employees.
The SalaryBox application can be accessed on Android, IOS, and desktop devices. You can go to the Play Store or App Store and download the SalaryBox app to install the app.
2. Zoho People
Zoho People is a cloud-based staff management system with a leave management application. It is specifically designed to track attendance on a real-time basis and simplify the leave management process.
Some key features of this employee leave management system are
- Centralized Platform for managing leave requests and tracking leave balances.
- Automated leave accrual and balance calculations
- Integration with payroll software
Keka HR is a comprehensive employee management system that offers a range of features to simplify and streamline HR tasks, which includes enabling organizations to manage employee leave requests and approvals efficiently.
Some of the main features of this staff management system include:
- GPS tracking to get accurate location information of employees
- Comprehensive and detailed reporting
- Accessibility on mobile devices, including Android and IOS
4. Pocket HRMS
Pocket HRMS is a cloud-based employee leave management system that helps organizations efficiently manage their employees’ leave of absence and attendance. It offers features like leave application and approval, leave balance tracking, and leave encashment.
Some of the key features of Pocket HRMS are:
- Multi-level approval workflows
- Dashboard for tracking employee leave balances and trends
- Integration with payroll software and attendance systems
greytHR is a comprehensive HR and payroll software that includes leave management software. Its leave management software allows organizations to hassle-free manage their employees’ leave of absence and attendance.
Some of the critical features of greytHR’s leave management software are:
- Single interface with customizable tools
- Employee self-service portal for leave application and tracking
- Multiple leave types and categories
Freshteam is a staff management system that includes an extensive leave management application. Its leave management application is integrated with the payroll software, allowing organizations to conveniently calculate and disperse the salary.
Some of the key features of Freshteam’s leave management module are:
- Customized Holiday calendars according to different regions
- Create multiple hourly and day-based time off policies
- Automated notifications to let other team members know about their un/availability
Zimyo is a cloud-based employee management system that allows organizations to automate their leave management solutions, thus helping them save money, time, and the hassle of manual processes.
Some of the key features are:
- Smart Attendance regularizers
- Customizable leave policies
- Generate Comprehensive statistical reports with ease
8. Kredily HR
Kredily HR is an employee leave management system that automates the leave tracking process and helps you accept and reject employee leave requests. It also helps you to view the entire organization’s leave history for assessing and evaluating the performance and payroll of the employees.
Some of the key features are:
- The strong Support team for assistance
- Guaranteed Data Security
- Centralized Platform for tracking leaves
9. Sum HR
Sum HR is a leave management system that is available in tiered plans for catering to the leave management needs of startups and small businesses. It offers customizable tools for setting leaves per the company’s policies, and it is one of the first software to introduce “Leave Ledger” that depicts the employee’s leave days in the form of a bank statement.
Some of the critical features of this staff management system are:
- Automated reports
- Flexible approval workflows
- Customize data fields
- Single sign-on (SSO)
10. HR Mantra
HR mantra is one of the world’s most advanced HR management and payroll software that can automate and streamline all the complicated HR processes from leave management to payroll calculation based on taxes and leaves deduction. It is available in the cloud model as well as the On-premise model and has a fully responsive application for mobile
Some of the critical features of this employee management system are:
- AI-driven voice bot
- Multi-lingual, multi-currency & multi-timezone
- Performance management tool
Investing in a cutting-edge leave management system is the key to transforming your organization’s leave management process. With the best leave management system, such as SalaryBox, you can unlock a world of efficiency and productivity.
The leave management system offers high accuracy, seamless automation, and enhanced transparency, all while saving time and reducing manual paperwork. Give your business the competitive edge it deserves with a reliable leave management system. Upgrade your leave management with SalaryBox today and witness the transformative power firsthand!
Download the SalaryBox from Play Store and App Store!